Thursday, March 26, 2015

Parkland

Watching Kennedy's death unfold from the perspective of the government was very interesting. I thought that the screenplay was very well done. The scenes in Parkland Hospital where the medical crew was trying to revive Kennedy were very realistic. I strongly felt for Abraham Zapruder. He was an ordinary guy whose life was changed for taking the footage of the assassination of the president. Putting myself in his shoes, I realized how hard it must have been for him to have taken the footage and deal with the consequences of doing so. Watching Parkland caused me to want to know more about Kennedy's assassination and truly question whether it was a conspiracy or not.

I called my grandpa to discuss Kennedy's death. At the time of the assassination, he was giving someone a haircut. It was about noon that the news of the shooting came on the radio. Everyone in the barbershop was extremely upset, and the radio announcer almost started crying when he told the news. My grandpa says that he didn't understand why they took Kennedy to the hospital after he was shot in head. He thought it was silly because if he was shot in the head, he was most likely automatically dead. He thinks the shooting was a conspiracy, and that Lee Harvey Oswald was not the only shooter. and that there were more people responsible for the death. At the time, Kennedy was clamping down on the mafia. My grandpa is convinced that Oswald was put up to the mission by the mafia leaders.

No comments: