Monday, April 6, 2015

Apollo 13

Apollo 13 was one of the only movies that after watching, I proceeded to talk about to my family for days on end. The movie kept you on your toes the entire time. After class, I even took the time to google the fate of Apollo 13 because I was so curious as to how the movie would end. I felt extremely sympathetic towards the passengers of the spacecraft, and wanted to see how they would manage to survive. Their story was extremely compelling, and I nearly teared up when the capsule that held the passengers landed in the ocean. It was truly an awesome story. 

The theme that I would attach to Apollo 13 is that with teamwork anything is possible. The crew was thousands of miles from Earth in the spaceship, and could only do so much to fix their problem. They worked smoothly together with the NASA base on Earth, and amongst themselves to get through the hardships up in space. Had Apollo 13 not have had such a determined and intelligent crew on Earth, they might never have made it back to Earth. 

No comments: