Sunday, April 26, 2015

United 93

United 93 was an extremely touching movie. When I watched it, I put myself in the shoes of those on United flight 93. Had I been on the plane, I would have hyperventilated. I would have immediately jumped to the conclusion that we were going to die, and no thought to fight back against the hijackers would have crossed my mind. Though, the passengers had the courage to push any fear they had to the back of their minds and come up with a plan to overcome the hijackers. I thought this was remarkable. In a situation of such terror, the people of United flight 93 were able to keep calm enough to fight back.

United 93 filled me with hope. Yes, the terrorist attacks on our country on September 11, were horrendous, but that a group of people were so passionate about their country to take down four terrorists (one supposedly armed with a bomb) was truly inspiring. The passengers of United 93 were truly united in the way that they worked together.

What we should never forget about September 11, 2001 is the patriotism that our country was submerged in after the attacks. Instead of our country and the people within it deteriorating, like the terrorists had hoped, it was filled with patriotism afterward. The pride people had for our country was endless. Our country was able to recover from the attacks and emerge better than it had been before, with a strengthened security system, and patriotism off the charts.

No comments: