Sunday, May 17, 2015

Shawshank Redemption

Starting off, I did not think I would like Shawshank Redemption. I figured that the movie would drag on as Andy just goes about a normal prison life, with no real adventure. Though, I was wrong. Andy used his brains to do the tax returns for the security guards of the prison, and even wrote to the government to get them to fund a library for the prisoners. I couldn't understand why a brilliant man like Andy would throw away his life by killing his wife and her lover. Though, I soon came to find out that it was truly not Andy who killed his wife. I felt terrible for him, being wrongfully accused and thrown into a prison for life. Though, he truly made the best of his time spent there, and made many strong relationships. It became his home. I did not get a chance to see how Andy escaped, but I was thrilled that he did. For someone to have had a great life and be wrongfully accused of a crime is not fair, thus I feel that Andy was justified in his escape. I felt that Shawshank redemption was truly a great movie, and Andy's story was very inspiring.

No comments: